Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

RHOC: Braunwyn Reveals She Had Miscarriage, Was In 'Psych Ward'

Braunwyn Windham-Burke from The Real Housewives of Orange County is opening up about suffering through a miscarriage in her 30s.

Braunwyn has been very open with her fans this week by first coming out as a lesbian and now opening up about her past miscarriage. Even throughout out the season, the mother of seven has been very candid about her sobriety and how she came to the conclusion that she is an alcoholic.

Related: RHOC: Braunwyn Windham-Burke Has Come Out As A Lesbian

During Wednesday's episode of RHOC, Braunwyn opened up about her past miscarriage while at a session with her therapist, People reported. She began by detailing her issues with alcohol and her choice to tell the women of her decision to be sober. Her therapist than began to ask her when her excessive drinking began in her life. The reality star admitted that she started at 14 years old and the drinking just continued on through her life. “When I was 14 and I took that first drink, it wasn't getting drunk that I wanted,” she admitted in a confessional. “It was the feeling of all that anxiety going away.” She then revealed a time she and her family were living in D.C. and began drinking from morning till night. The therapist asked what happened while she was there, to which Braunwyn responded, “I had a miscarriage." She continued, “I got very depressed. I started taking Xanax and drinking, and it spiraled. I don't remember this, but I guess I went into my closet for about five days." Braunwyn revealed, "I wanted to die, and I remember thinking that that was the best option for everyone in my family because I was so dark. I couldn't see around it, or through it.” This prompted get admitted into a psych ward, leaving her husband, Sean, to take care of their three kids at the time.

When Braunwyn was admitted, she revealed that Sean was scared and did not know what to do. He kept the children away while Braunwyn healed from her pain. "I could barely hug them, I was so shaky, I couldn't sit still, I couldn't sleep. It was awful.” she said. Later on in the episode, Braunwyn sat down with her eldest daughter, Rowan, and spoke about her anxiety and OCD amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Braunwyn understood her daughter's pain as she too knows the struggle of grappling with anxiety. In the past, the reality star would have reached for that glass of wine, but now that she's sober, Braunwyn is able to be there for her daughter. “I'm so grateful I'm sober because I can take care of you,” she said to Rowan. “I know that your anxiety and your OCD are through the roof.” Braunwyn's sobriety has allowed her to become a more present mother, which is especially important know during the time of a worldwide pandemic.

Braunwyn's past may have caused some pain in her life, but now that she has become sober she is able to live a more open and authentic life.



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/2L7Lzv9

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement