Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

RHOSLC: Lisa Barlow’s ‘Mormon 2.0' Label Explained

Lisa Barlow of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City wants you to know she’s a good Mormon. But when it comes to obeying all of the tenants of the Latter-Day Saints, well…Lisa likes to think of herself as more of a Mormon 2.0 kind of girl.

Every good Latter-Day Saint knows about the rules, the Word of Wisdom, the code of health that informs Mormons what to do and what not to do. This code is revered as sacrosanct, delivered by God through a revelation. Because Mormons are to treat their bodies as temples, LDS followers are to turn away from alcohol. But Lisa is in quite the quagmire, given she owns tequila businesses, including Vida Tequila. A Utah resident for more than 20 years, Lisa, who attended Brigham Young University, refers to herself as a Mormon 2.0 because she doesn’t stick to all of the religion’s traditional, strict rules.

Related: RHOSLC: Lisa Barlow Calls Out Feisty Mary Cosby & Other 'Pot Stirrers'

According to Yahoo, Lisa will shed some light on her beliefs and the road she traveled to Mormonism’s doorstep during the November 11 premiere of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.I think the biggest thing for me is I'm authentic to myself,” she said. “I love the religion I choose — religion is a choice — and I choose to be LDS. And for me, I think it's important that — that's a part of my life and I'm on TV and I committed to sharing my life, and that's a big part of it. So I'm completely comfortable with it.” She also added, “If someone else is uncomfortable, I can’t really do anything about that. I'm very comfortable with it.

Born and raised in upstate New York, Lisa said her love of God is a constant in her life, as is her passion for Jesus Christ. She also said she lives her truth by being her authentic self. “So instead of doing something for someone else or because someone might perceive me a certain way, I think as you get older and the more comfortable you are with yourself, you figure out how to do things, with your boundaries, with your needs being met, and also meeting other people's needs, too,” she said. “I chose to have children; I'm a mother and I just have to do what's best for me and my two little angels.

Lisa, who shares two sons ( 16 and 8 years old), with her husband John, is not shy about infusing their home with the love of Christ. Religion is a topic she speaks about daily to her children, and every night, she makes sure nightly prayers are said. Lisa also takes care to ensure her children embody the values of Christ as they go about their daily lives, so they will be good, respectful people. Given the drama that brands the Real Housewives franchise, it will certainly be intriguing to see how Lisa’s Christian values match her behaviors as the first season of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City plays out.

Next: Real Housewives Of Salt Lake City: Why Mary Cosby Married Her Step-Grandfather

The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City airs Wednesdays at 10 pm ET on Bravo.

Sources: Yahoo



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/3eQ1jxy

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement